× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

HD2 - Steam version CD key problem - possible fix!

6 years 3 months ago #37 by Stern
I dont use Skype (forgot my login), ok i can make new one...
what about msn ?:rofl:

(Maybe it should be separate topic)

U know how to use CheatEngine or some other memory tool ?
Its very helpful, you need it for that.

The one who hesitates is lost !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #38 by Stern
Im not up to mess with this skype right now.

I wonder if its possible for GOG/Steam to give different cd-keys with game ? Maybe its not legal, but if someone already buys this just with different key.

Or maybe rpr or some other clan could support it with system that gives different key for every request and saves that key.
Then it should also mean that its one key for IP, because someone could just abuse this by requesting many keys.

6 years 3 months ago #39 by NL

Stern wrote: Im not up to mess with this skype right now.

I wonder if its possible for GOG/Steam to give different cd-keys with game ? Maybe its not legal, but if someone already buys this just with different key.

Or maybe rpr or some other clan could support it with system that gives different key for every request and saves that key.
Then it should also mean that its one key for IP, because someone could just abuse this by requesting many keys.

That will be almost impossible.

-first it would probably give us a lot of work
-second most players never visit RpR (only maybe for CMP, after download they vanish)
-most players have dynamic IP's
-the problem would largely continue, only a smaller percentage would actually receive a unique key.
-RpR would be a central point for distributing illegal license keys, even if the game was legally purchased.

I guess the only technical chance it may work if there was some software in-bedded in the CMP package that detects a GOG or steam version and changes the key to a unique one. However, the chance that the same key is distributed multiple times is still pretty large. But, RpR would still be active in illegal practice.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 3 months ago #40 by Stern

NL wrote: I guess the only technical chance it may work if there was some software in-bedded in the CMP package that detects a GOG or steam version and changes the key to a unique one.

Then it should be automatic when un-pack process starts, because some additional program would be skipped by most users.
Or maybe just a warning about the cd-key problem, some text file, named with upper-case letters, saying online CD key problem or something like that and have just an explanation what's going on.
If there is no key-generator packed into cmp, then its not illegal, user must figure out how to do it.

6 years 3 months ago #41 by NL
Yes, an automatic pop-up with instructions / warning may help.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 3 months ago #42 by Stern
WinRar has comment option, it pops out to the right side when archive is opened.

Attachments:

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)