× Before posting here please make sure you have read our FAQ and if suitable our 'Play Online' and 'Create Server' tutorials

Please try to avoid general topic titles as: "Need help", "Problem occurred", etc.

HD2 - Steam version CD key problem - possible fix!

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #43 by NL
But not everyone uses WinRar, I use 7zip for instance.
I think the message should be triggered by the .exe that also handles the install of CMP.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #44 by NL
Today I did a clean install of W10 and installed HD2 before installing STEAM but I still have the same issue with "cd key already in use", unfortunately... So the issue is not related to having steam installed on your system.

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.

6 years 2 months ago #45 by ShayoX
Lol I was planning to do clean reinstall of windows 10 too :rofl: Still gonna do it
So if you are getting CD Key in use pop ups, the problem is not with your PC
fo sho
Probably the same thing will happen to me after windows reinstall, something fu***d up our ability to play on multiplayer and we need to fix it asap :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

6 years 2 months ago #46 by kyo_kusanagi_79
Replied by kyo_kusanagi_79 on topic HD2 - Steam version CD key problem - possible fix!
Hello guys! After some days dissappeared, I'm back.
Yes, the problem is internet multiplayer (coop mostly tested). I've been hosting multiplayer LAN and this error doesn't pop up, even in my case (if you readed my topic then you know my story)
Hosting LAN coop works just perfect! (creating the server in-game. no server manager 2.9) It's multiplayer internet server hosting... really dissapointing :( .
So maybe we could need some talented programmer/modder or whatever who can create something to bypass this... Or maybe the developers appear on scene n' take care of this with some... aahh :^^: ... update. Yes, I'm just dreamin' :/
So sorry my friend NL... I imagine your hopes for testing purposes and still no solutions... But I wonder if something like Hamachi, Tunngle, Gameranger or Evolve could work for those who wish to host on local machines (discard ping issues n' things like that)
Greetings...!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

6 years 2 months ago #47 by snowman
Okay so now we have some kind of a ladder problem:

NIB can't join when Shay is playing
Shay can't join when Josua is playing
Josua can't join when Sasha's playing

Maybe we can create an algorithm and publish on our site
who can join what server depending on who's playing :sarcy:

Still waiting for Shay's cracked version to test with Josua...
or NIB :)

"Straight and narrow is the path."

6 years 2 months ago #48 by ShayoX
So... Joined TLC yesterday on cousin's PC but before that I wanted to test if that cd key motherfucker was gonna pop up on me again. Already had installed H&D2 from my CDs . Started it to test cus I saw that Josua was playing on a server so tried joining him I was like ah fuck sake that cd key in use is gonna appear again I was ready for it to happen but no lol no problems at all I could play with Josua on cousin's PC :rofl: Cousin got W10 too... The only difference in cousin's PC is that he has different ISP (Internet Service Provider) sooo changing ISP just to remove cd key in use on MY PC would be fucking garbage and bullshit. I really hope this is not the case and something else is doing that but I do not see nothing else than ISP fucking us over...
Maybe someone will finally figure it out or maybe we will not be able to play with some players till the end of our lives.
:devil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Sasha

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)