What's up at home today...?

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1471 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?
Time of great tides these days, with tidal coefficients of 108 / 109, and their unexpected results this morning at 06:30 am on the seafront at Nouriguel beach, Larmor-Plage, the first beach by leaving Lorient.

Firefighters have secured the scene. No casualties but four residents were evacuated. Gas is shut of in three houses, same goes for water in twenty-five houses.

Credits : Catherine Jaouen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Maki, jacobston, ShayoX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #1472 by NL
Replied by NL on topic What's up at home today...?
It was quite a week for me, in a good way. I had some financial good luck. Also a former Human Resource manager I worked with contacted me to see if I was interested in a supervising job and I had a great meeting with the manager. Nothing concrete yet but there is a chance they will offer me the job. And today in my current job I was asked to transfer to a different department because they think "my talents" would be of better use there. Some people in the company have tried to get to that department for years and they offered it to me after a little over 2 months in the company. I am not boasting but I did want to share my good feelings about this week. After some harder times it is nice good things are possible again :love:

Trust is hard to gain but easy to lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikita, Maki, jacobston, ShayoX

6 years 2 weeks ago #1473 by Maki
Replied by Maki on topic What's up at home today...?
Stopover of the Hermione in Toulon for 3 days

More video : link
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, Nikita, NL, ShayoX

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #1474 by Nikita
Replied by Nikita on topic What's up at home today...?

Today, Tuesday 10 April, at 03:20 pm, a Mirage 2000D fighter from the French Air Force losed a F4 dummy bomb during a training mission.
The dummy bomb, initially planned to be dropped over the shooting range of Suippes, nearby Reims, finally falled on a factory in Nogent-sur-Vernisson, nearby Montargis. Two workers from the factory were injured but their life is not in danger.

So far, Colonel Olivier Celo, spokeman of the French Air Force, stated "We do not explain the reasons for this stall, it is an extremely rare fact," he said, presenting the apology of the Air Force to the wounded.

The prosecutor of the military prosecutor's office of Paris is conducting a judicial investigation, entrusted to the Air Gendarmerie.

According to local press, no safety device were triggered in the cockpit, so that tends to exclude the possibility of a human error in flight.

The Dassault Mirage 2000D - Illustrating picture - Credit : Armée de l'Air.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowman, NL, Maki, ShayoX

6 years 5 days ago #1475 by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker
Replied by Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker on topic What's up at home today...?
massive cockchafer invasion!
some people prefer them more like this…

6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #1476 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic What's up at home today...?
You need some cats :D They eat them like chips :D

"Straight and narrow is the path."
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NL

• Lukasz birthday is in 4 days (41)