Random Play Mission Requests

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #115 by Ulrich Stern ITA
Replied by Ulrich Stern ITA on topic Random Play Mission Requests
I continue to write here any idea i have to something new in the multiplayer. Sorry if I anoy you ! I'm trying my best to add something to your job

5) What about a pistol-only server ? Maybe in small maps, like Arctic 2 or Czech 2 or Alps 2 ? Luger, Taisho, Colt, Enfield, Tokarev... any pistol would be accepted as the only weapon available.

6)Burgundy 2 mission - Farmstead. The players starts in the Farm alone, then many waves of germans or japanese come with trucks, kubelwagens, halftracks... from any direction, and players must defend the main building at any cost !

7) Normandy 3, similar to A bridge too far. The way UNDER the bridge is blocked, and players only can go on the road level. A very aggressive force, infantry and vehicles, attack the british players and the british bots who helps them.

8 ) Czech 2 - damaged train. Players and bots are germans, and civilian bots attack from both sides of the tunnel. Players must defend Freiberg or some documents from every wave.

9) Co-op missions, but players can enter both sides. I mean... we always do players vs bots. Why don't we make players AND bots against other players and other bots ? Maybe for maps like Africa 1 or a daylight Czech 1 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #116 by snowman
Replied by snowman on topic Random Play Mission Requests
Thank you, Ulrich :gj:

Now that we finally have the awesome LS3D Lutsip editor, missions and maps can be modified much faster. Not only that, we also have an Engineering office and another section that will be released for creating new maps/ missions, from scratch. This will be the biggest project. Yes, work is needed on current maps/ missions and they can be improved. I've seen our Engineers follow their intuition and spending time to learn the editor by working on personal projects of missions that will delight our community. There is also a good part of them that may have not yet spent a lot of time on learning and there are definitely those who want to learn and waiting for some guide/ tutorial. Maybe we can even create a school to help everyone interested to learn modding. So...

At them moment, don't lose your enthusiasm in case you see nobody is picking up your ideas. They are great ideas and scenarios that can be put in practice. Several people here, including myself, share your enthusiasm. Please take into consideration that a brief suggestion on a scenario might be passed by easily by engineers. Also take into consideration that nobody is sitting around waiting for someone to suggest a plot. There is still considerable effort to implement any of these ideas. To attract support for your ideas, your presentation needs to be attractive. It needs to look good, something that makes certain maps/ missions as special and enjoyed by the majority of players. Please have a look at the Kickstart suggestion and you will get even more ideas :nod:

In case you are interested about this topic, please have a look at the recently created H&D2 Cinema thread.

I have already explained to Wanger that at the moment it's impossible to modify our current missions and add Axis uniforms and weapons. I really like missions like Stealth of Sand where you pretend you are undercover and need to complete objectives. Yes, those kind of missions would be challenging... but to start adding Axis gear to the inventory on our current missions that would not be something most players would agree.

:celebrate:

"Straight and narrow is the path."
The following user(s) said Thank You: p.jakub88, Ulrich Stern ITA

3 years 4 months ago #117 by p.jakub88
Replied by p.jakub88 on topic Random Play Mission Requests

snowman wrote: Thank you, Ulrich :gj:

Now that we finally have the awesome LS3D Lutsip editor, missions and maps can be modified much faster. Not only that, we also have an Engineering office and another section that will be released for creating new maps/ missions, from scratch. This will be the biggest project. Yes, work is needed on current maps/ missions and they can be improved. I've seen our Engineers follow their intuition and spending time to learn the editor by working on personal projects of missions that will delight our community. There is also a good part of them that may have not yet spent a lot of time on learning and there are definitely those who want to learn and waiting for some guide/ tutorial. Maybe we can even create a school to help everyone interested to learn modding. So...

At them moment, don't lose your enthusiasm in case you see nobody is picking up your ideas. They are great ideas and scenarios that can be put in practice. Several people here, including myself, share your enthusiasm. Please take into consideration that a brief suggestion on a scenario might be passed by easily by engineers. Also take into consideration that nobody is sitting around waiting for someone to suggest a plot. There is still considerable effort to implement any of these ideas. To attract support for your ideas, your presentation needs to be attractive. It needs to look good, something that makes certain maps/ missions as special and enjoyed by the majority of players. Please have a look at the Kickstart suggestion and you will get even more ideas :nod:

In case you are interested about this topic, please have a look at the recently created H&D2 Cinema thread.

I have already explained to Wanger that at the moment it's impossible to modify our current missions and add Axis uniforms and weapons. I really like missions like Stealth of Sand where you pretend you are undercover and need to complete objectives. Yes, those kind of missions would be challenging... but to start adding Axis gear to the inventory on our current missions that would not be something most players would agree.

:celebrate:

Good point snowman! :)

I only wonder, what is wrong with having Axis items added into inventory for solely purpose of "stealth / undercover" missions?

I could understand (to some extent) the scripting / coding difficulties and amount of work to do so (assuming that this is possible), but other than that i see nothing wrong.

Maybe this will be not 100% SAS accurate scenario, but still. H&D 2 is not like ARMA game series after all.

I don't want to be annoying, but as an example i will say about H&D Deluxe - we have few default missions there where we are ONLY allowed to equip German equipment from the inventory list before the mission start. I know, that H&D 2 is completely different in that regard, but i wanted to put my 2 cents. No offence to anyone.

"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

3 years 4 months ago #118 by WANGER
Replied by WANGER on topic Random Play Mission Requests
In fact in hd2 single player you can equip too enemy weapon before missions not all but some and on last two game modes where you reply single missions you can almost on everymap do it wish hd2 had addon menu just like in deluxe
The following user(s) said Thank You: p.jakub88

3 years 4 months ago #119 by WANGER
And technical with out manipulations even of weapons added to mpmaplist you still cant have enemy equipment
The following user(s) said Thank You: p.jakub88

3 years 4 months ago #120 by WANGER
And in fact hd have one mission allow you as nazi is normandy 2 marolles which instead of Germans you fight against British soldiers it has some paranormal scripts tho , and there 4 missions pack called secret mission of Ra someting and there is again you still sas but this time fight against communists , think that all the missions at the moment , damn i miss the great feeling when i walkthrough hd deluxe addons 1 after one ofc some didn't launched but its ok

• Lukasz birthday is in 5 days (41)